Perfumed Thai Baby Barramundi06/05/2018
Beer Battered Barramundi08/05/2018
On pan-fried banana with a citrus relish.
- 2 Slightly Green Bananas (Peeled & Quartered lengthways)
- 1 cup chopped Fresh Coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt & Ground Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 x 200g Barramundi Fillets (Skin on)
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Peppercorns (Roughly crushed)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Spring Creek Barramundi have a lovely white flesh with a firm texture, medium oil content and a beautiful mild flavour.
- Zest the oranges, lemon and limes and put in a bowl. Juice the lemon and add to the bowl.
- Segment the oranges and limes and put them in the bowl along with any juice. Then add the peppercorns and olive oil and stir well.
- Season the banana pieces and pan-fry in a very hot pan until they are lightly browned on both sides. Add the coriander and the lemon juice, and remove from the heat. Do not over cook.
- Coat the barramundi skin with sea salt. Heat a clean pan until very hot. Add a little oil and panfry the fillets skin side down until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Turn fillets over and finish cooking.
- To serve, place 6 pieces of banana in the middle of the plate. Place barramundi fillet on top, skin side up. Finally top with the citrus relish.
Serving suggestion: A feature dish, serve with nothing more than a glass of good wine.